Right SEO optimization tips is what newbies wants to know about and are spending lots of time on searching about it, so in this post I’m going to share top 10 SEO optimization tips to clear your doubts.
Getting targeted traffic from search engines is what most newbie blogger dreams about, but is not an easy task.
Ever wanted a guide to help you get 1st rank on Google?
I did too one day.
SEO ain’t hard at all. You just need to learn the skills, apply few strategies and tips to every post on your blog to increase It’s chances of getting you thousands of organic visitors.
I’ve also seen some newbies who think that writing user friendly content is all.
They’ve heard that blogger needs to write for people, not for search engines. That’s good too, but you should also try to make it search engine friendly.
If you want to convert your blog readers into profits, you need to get organic traffic to your blog. Optimizing your post for better SERP ranking is good and won’t annoy the readers.
I’ve implemented the steps on many of my blog posts and saw amazing results.
So, here are the top 10 SEO Optimization tips you must know about to get 1st rank on Google.
1. Targeting a long tail keyword
To make your content more search engine friendly and user friendly, you’d probably need to target a long tail keyword for your post.
For instance, In one of my post getting on 1st page of Google with keyword “SEO Tips” was quite difficult for me, so I’ve chosen “SEO Tips 2012″ because of low competition.
The competition in long tail keywords is low and It will be quite easy for you to get good ranking.
Do a quick research for your keyword and be sure to check that the keyword must have good monthly searches on Google.
You’ll get long term organic traffic by targeting a long tail and low competition keyword.
2. Perfect Keyword Placement:
Perfect keyword placement is must in order to let search engine bots know about your targeted keyword. You need to include the targeted keyword in following phrases:
- Title: The page title is the most important SEO factor. Including the main keyword in title of the post is must to make it SEO friendly and to get good ranking.
- Meta Description: The meta description is what which often appears as the text snippet below your listing, so It will also help you to get good ranking If It’s included the main keyword.
- SEO-friendly URL: You should also include the main keyword in your URL, for example guideandnews.com/2012/10/06/seo-optimization-tips. It will also help you to notice search engines about relevant keyword.
3. Write quality and unique content:
The next step is to write unique and quality content for that keyword. Other than perfect keyword placement you also need to write unique, long, quality and search engine friendly content too.
If you’re trying to sell the same product that 100 other bloggers are doing than you need to make your content stand out.
Google and other search engines loves unique content that describes the real value and is helpful for people.
4. Build Backlinks
Backlinks are the order of the day in current SEO technology and every effort should be made to seek backlinks from reputable sites.
You must know that quality of the backlinks matters most to get better ranking in search engines, not quantity.
The relevance of the link is very important and search engines will penalize you If your blog has excessive number of irrelevant backlinks. Below are some effective link building methods:
- Guest Blogging: Guest blogging is one of the most effective link building method after the animal update from Google (Panda and Penguin). You should try to guest post on top PR5 to PR7 blogs in your niche. You might want to read my post on how guest blogging on other sites can help new bloggers.
- Dofollow commenting: Commenting on blogs in your niche that allows Dofollow attributed links on their comment section is another effective way to improve your keyword’s SEO ranking.
- Forums participating: Participating in forums is also a good link building tactic If you participate on high PR and high traffic forums. Read 5 reasons why forums are important for bloggers.
5. Use main keyword as anchor text:
Use your targeted keyword as anchor text when you’re guest posting on any blog. This helps tells the search engine bots what the page is all about.
Don’t overdo it tough too many backlinks with same anchor text tends to look spammy.
6. Social media promotion:
In today’s SEO world without social media promotion you can’t expect your blog to get good ranking.
Promoting your post on social media sites is another way to get your blog in less time. Sites like Facebook, Twitter and Google+ are being used as part of search engine ranking for Google and Bing.
Pinterest, Delicious and StumbleUpon are also some of the social media sites that you won’t want to miss, but be sure that every social media site you use, the first rule is don’t spam!
Be an active member and build relationship with other bloggers on social media sites.
7. Optimize your image:
Using an image for your blog posts is good thing, but be sure that the number of images must be kept a minimum.
If you’re using an image on your blog post, It can generate tons of traffic from Google image search. Here are some ways to optimize your image.
- ALT Text: Alt text is a text that search engines use to understand the image. If the image is relevant to the post topic, you can include your main keyword as alt text.
- File name: Pick a descriptive file name for your image before uploading it to your blog because It will also help for your search engine rankings.
- File size: If you have a large image, make sure use a free image edition program to make your image a desired size because when you have large image, and input height and width tags on that image to make it smaller, It will slow up your blog.
8. Video Content:
Also surround video content on your blog because the search engines look at the surrounding content to define the usefulness of the video for the query.
Be sure to submit your videos to other quality video websites like Youtube, AOL and MSN etc.
9. Use SEOPressor Plugin:
The plugin will do everything on your blog which an SEO expert can do like optimizing your blog post, images and keywords. It is a must have WordPress plugin!
10. Be Patient:
Being patient is must because SEO isn’t one time event, results often take months to see, but If you use right techniques and do it right way, you’ll be able to see yourself beating other competitors.
Have any question on the above? If I missed something or didn’t explain anything, let me know by leaving a comment below.
I’d bet you guys also have a lot of approaches to SEO optimization tips, maybe more effective than what I described above. Just leave a comment below and let me know about it.