How to get Google sitelinks is a question I have been asked many times by bloggers after sharing the screenshot of my blog’s Google sitelinks on Facebook.
Having Google Sitelinks means extra weight which Google is giving to your blog and visitors who are looking your blog through search engine can easily trace your blog. It is also a great way to highlight some great pages of your blog on search engine.
There are a lot of newbies who wants to know what Sitelinks actually is, they even don’t know It’s called sitelinks. So, Here I want to share some tips for other bloggers to be rewarded by Google sitelinks for their blog.
Here’s what I’ll discuss in this post:
- What is Google Sitelinks?
- Example of Sitelinks of my blog
- Benefits of having Google Sitelinks
- How to get Google Sitelinks
So, are you ready? Let’s dive in details of this.
What is Google sitelink?
Google sitelinks are those links that appear below the first result when you search for a name or link of a website or blog. They are automatic links generated by Google Algorithm that appear below your blog listing in Google search result pages.
Here’s an example of Sitelinks. Go to Google.com and search for a keyword “GuideAndNews” beneath the main result, You’ll see links to various pages or my blog.
Google Sitelinks for my blog:
Few weeks back Guide and News had been awarded by Google SiteLinks. There are total 6 sitelinks for my blog I can see. You can check my blog’s Sitelinks by searching the term “GuideAndNews” on Google or you can view the screenshot I shared above.
Benefits of having Google Sitelinks:
There are a lot of benefits of having Google sitelinks for your blog, but three of them which I know are:
- Having Google Sitelinks is great way to increase in traffic for your blog or website because Sitelinks will give you more exposure in search results.
- You’ll get the credibility by having Sitelinks because only established and authority sites have Sitelinks, so. When someone come across them after searching for a name of your blog or website, they’ll get a reassurance from search engine that your blog’s content must be good.
- Sitelinks shows that your blog content is trustful and Google trusted your blog and gave you the Sitelinks.
How to get Google sitelinks:
I never worry about getting sitelinks for any of my blog because I believe that If you publish quality content on your blog, you’ll automatically get Google sitelinks.
Google itself has never shared anything that can tell to bloggers and website owners how to get Sitelinks. Google handles it automatically through an algorithm and usually you’ll get Sitelinks when your blog is perceived as an authority.
There are few things you can do to improve the odds of getting Sitelinks.
- Your blog needs good amount of quality backlinks and people and searching for It’s name on Google.
- You must also have good amount of quality and unique content on your blog.
- Not a lot, but few guest post on at least PR4 blogs and get backlinks on your blog with your blog name.
- Add useful title and meta description to your blog, especially the homepage to improve click through rate from SERP.
- You should try to get some inbound links from high quality sites.
- Blog age must be at least 5 months old.
- Your blog should be SEO friendly like good keywords, SEO friendly title and meta description. If you’re a WordPress user you can try SEO plugins like All in one SEO or WordPress SEO by Yoast.
- If your click through rates are high on search engine than you’ll get Sitelinks easily, so try to increase the click through rates for your homepage on search engine.
- Get Google authorship markup and show your image in Google search results for your articles, It will also help you to get sitelinks quickly.
There are a lot more tricks to increase the chances of getting sitelinks for your blog, but I’ve shared what I knew.
I would love to hear from you on how did you get Google Sitelinks for your blog? Share your thoughts with us below in comments.